[av_two_third first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” title_attr=” alt_attr=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=”]
[av_image src=’https://greendata.io/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/https___cdn.evbuc_.com_images_61265112_213585212563_1_original.jpeg’ attachment=’644′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ copyright=” animation=’no-animation’ av_uid=’av-jwpoqt7i’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jwposwoq’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Date And Time:
Thursday, 6 December 2018
8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (PST)
[/av_two_third][av_two_third first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” title_attr=” alt_attr=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-f6to8′]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jwq59tq3′ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Microsoft Innovation Challenger Unconference – Winter Edition
In a 6-hour packed session (including lunch), we will facilitate small groups of senior innovation leaders to collaboratively solve corporate innovation & venture problems that you are facing today in your enterprise.
After the kick-off, each participant will briefly describe up to three problems from their innovation & venture efforts in the fields of ideation, participation, financing, impact to society and scaling. Once all problems have been listed, you and your peers will be asked to vote, set the agenda, form the groups and go deep on the topics ultimately chosen. Each group will have an expert facilitator, note taker, and other support. Groups will be composed of investors, corporate venture, innovators and startups to present a variety of viewpoints and approaches.
A panel discussion will occur during lunch and group presentations will conclude the day with opportunity for lively audience participation.
Other things you can expect:
- The day will start with an optional hour of networking and continental breakfast
- You will be challenged to bring your best ideas.
- A Networking Notebook and Idea Sketchbook will be provided including enumeration of who your peers are in the event.
- After the event there will be a hosted happy hour for those who want to stay and continue the dialogue until 4.30 pm or as desired.
This is a curated invite-only group of leaders. We may have missed someone who would be valuable to attend this exclusive event, please let us know or have them contact us for inclusion.
This event is the third in an on-going series of multi-party innovation & venture monthly events. Upcoming events will be published for all attendees.
Who: 30 to 40 participants from Corporate Innovation, Angel Investment, Venture Capital, Corporate Venture & Select Founders
What: 2 sessions split into multiple design groups, lunch panel, design group presentations
Where: Microsoft Reactor – 680 Folsom St #145, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
When: Thursday, December 6th, 2018 – 8:00am to 2:00pm – Networking beginning at 8:00am; Networking & Happy Hour from 2:00pm – 4.30pm
A recap from past Microsoft Challenger Unconference Events
Where we have been:
In May, we discussed a diverse set of case studies and began asking ourselves the deepest question:
“What does it look like when corporations and investors participate in collaborative innovation?”
Our presenters delivered past experiences in many diverse areas:
- Developing startup scouting models
- Creating air cover for innovation teams, projects and startups
- Providing effective financing to support disruptive innovation where longer time horizons are the norm
- Managing innovation projects by metric and outcomes
- The role of innovation champions in supporting innovators
- Execution models post MVP
- The importance of data driven innovation monitoring
In September, all participants brought their A game to the table, a series of challenges of interest and participated in an audience driven voting and selection of challenges to workshop. This focused all participants on the question:
“What do we need to do to accelerate innovation, improve outcomes, and work better together in collaborative innovation?”
Groups were divided into 5 categories to workshop challenges in those categories:
- Ideation and establishing models to create good ideas that can be turned into meaningful projects
- Innovation in Society – bringing the innovation opportunity to all societal participants
- Innovation Participation in Corporations – methods and models for encouraging, rewarding and supporting widespread participation
- Product Innovation – identification of a workable thesis to move forward with an actionable measurable plan targeted at a specific innovation goal
- Capital Formation and Financial Support of Innovation – the politics, vote-getting, financial accumulation and packaging of innovation projects inside the corporation
December promises to be a rich ground in which we examine the many critical elements contributing to innovation success:
- The establishment of networks of VC, Angel, CVC and CI participants to promote faster innovation flow paths
- Creation of fertile gardens for innovation project and innovative startup growth
- Capital scaling and transition between capital stages
- Resource skill gap analysis and methods for bridging the gaps
- Building network cornerstones to strengthen ties in collective innovation
We are in this together, let’s get rid of the obvious risks, disrupt before we ourselves are disrupted and get the jump on our less nimble competitors! Please join us at the December 6th quarterly Microsoft Innovation Challenger Unconference.
[av_codeblock wrapper_element=” wrapper_element_attributes=” codeblock_type=” av_uid=’av-jwq5e4ue’ custom_class=”]